Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 2 - January 31, 2010 - In Kathmanu


1/31/10
7:15 pm
After waking up, I stayed at Khem's house and read, then we went for a walk. Khem needed to deliver a package that we brought over from Nepal. We went to an internet and phone place, Khem made some calls and I also called home and left a message. We applied for SIM cards, which was extremely hard to do, and ultimately I couldn't get one because I didn't have my passport with me, so Khem got two and filled out the multi-page form that needed 2 passport size photos and thumb prints. This was so much different than in Hong Kong where, within about 30 seconds, you can get your choice of a dozen SIM cards for around $10 USD each.

We took a taxi back to his house and had lunch, dhal, rice, pickle, pressure cooked mustard greens, and curry chicken pieces. Then we rested for a little while and walked to the city center. We stopped a quite a few places to look around, mostly outdoor stores. I need to make a point to make it back to some of these after the trek.

We met Khem's partner company and he talked with them for quite a long time. Then it was a taxi back for dhal bhat dinner with curry cauliflower. Wow, what a filling meal. Definitely tired...
















No comments:

Post a Comment